This innovative knife is one of the most versatile in the kitchen, thanks to a unique dual-frequency serrated blade that cuts easily through crusts of bread or soft foods like tomatoes. It’s handcrafted in Japan by Shun, whose exceptional craftsmanship reflects a centuries-old tradition of Japanese knife making.
- VG-10 “super steel” blades are clad on each side with 69 microthin layers of stainless steel, creating a variegated look reminiscent of a Damascus-style blade.
- The unique combination of low- and high-frequency serrations guarantees unsurpassed performance.
- Low-frequency serrations help minimize resistance between blade and cutting board.
- High-frequency serrations reduce tearing when cutting soft-skinned foods (like tomatoes) or slicing through hard crusts.
- Durable PakkaWood handle resists moisture and has a D shape, to sit comfortably in the hand.
- A Williams-Sonoma exclusive.