Shun Classic Dual-Density Utility Knife
Dual Density KnifeExclusive
This innovative knife is one of the most versatile in the kitchen, thanks to a unique dual-frequency serrated blade that cuts easily through crusts of bread or soft foods like tomatoes. It’s handcrafted in Japan by Shun, whose exceptional craftsmanship reflects a centuries-old tradition of Japanese knife making.
- VG-10 “super steel” blade is clad on each side with 16 microthin layers of high-carbon steel, creating a variegated look reminiscent of a Damascus-style blade.
- The unique combination of low- and high-frequency serrations guarantees unsurpassed performance.
- Low-frequency serrations help minimize resistance between blade and cutting board.
- High-frequency serrations reduce tearing when cutting soft-skinned foods (like tomatoes) or slicing through hard crusts.
- Durable PakkaWood handle resists moisture and has a D shape, to sit comfortably in the hand.
- NSF-certified knife meets the high-level hygiene standards for professional kitchens.
- A Williams-Sonoma exclusive.
- 7"-long blade.
- Handcrafted in Japan.
- Always use caution when handling sharp objects.
- Avoid cutting on hard surfaces such as stone, metal or glass.
- It is not advisable to use any knife but a meat cleaver to cut through bone, as other blades can be easily damaged.
- Hand-wash with warm water and a mild detergent. Rinse and dry immediately.
- Avoid cleaners containing bleach or citrus extracts.
- Sharpen your knife at home using a sharpener designed for a serrated blade, or have it sharpened by a professional.
- Store knife in a safe place to protect its edge and prevent injury.