Known in Japan as a gyuto, this light, nimble knife is ideal for slicing meat and fish, and it performs beautifully on vegetables too. The blade is thinner than a traditional chef's knife but still offers plenty of knuckle clearance on the cutting board. Shun knives are produced by Japan’s leading blade manufacturer, reflecting the craftsmanship of a centuries-old tradition of knife making.
- All-purpose Asian-style chef's knife with thin, lightweight blade.
- Excels for a full range of chopping, slicing and dicing tasks.
- VG-Max “super steel” blade is clad on each side with 16 microthin layers of high-carbon steel, creating a variegated look reminiscent of a Damascus-style blade.
- Exceedingly sharp cutting edge is long-lasting and easy to maintain.
- Durable PakkaWood handle resists moisture and has a D shape, to sit comfortably in the hand.
- This NSF-certified knife meets the high-level standards of commercial kitchens.
- Handcrafted in Japan.