Shun Classic 9-Piece Knife Block Set
Produced by Japan’s leading blade manufacturer, Shun knives reflect the craftsmanship of a centuries-old tradition of Japanese knife making. This ten-piece collection includes the knife styles most used by professional chefs and home cooks alike.
- VG-MAX “super steel” blades are clad on each side with 69 microthin layers of stainless steel, creating a variegated look reminiscent of a Damascus-style blade
- Exceedingly sharp cutting edges are long lasting and easy to maintain.
- Durable PakkaWood handles resist moisture and have a D shape, to sit comfortably in the hand.
- Set includes matching honing steel.
- Bamboo storage block has 11 slots.
- Handcrafted in Japan.
9-Piece Set includes:
- 3 1/2” paring knife.
- 5 1/2” santoku.
- 6" Gokujo boning knife.
- 8” chef’s knife.
- 9” hollow-ground slicing knife.
- 9” bread knife.
- Kitchen shears.
- 9” honing steel.
- 11-slot storage block.
Please note: Storage block is counted as an individual piece.
- Dimensions & More Info
- 3 1/2” paring knife: 3 1/2”-long blade; 4”-long handle; 2.3 oz.
- 5 1/2” santoku: 5 1/2”-long blade; 4 1/2”-long handle; 5.5 oz.
- 6” Gokujo boning knife: 6”-long blade; 4 1/2”-long handle; 4 oz.
- 8” chef’s knife: 8”-long blade; 5”-long handle; 9 oz.
- 9” hollow ground slicing knife: 9”-long blade; 5”-long handle; 6.8 oz.
- 9” bread knife: 9”-long blade; 5”-long handle; 7.5 oz.
- Honing steel: 9”-long rod; 4 3/4”-long handle; 7.5 oz.
- Storage block: 11” x 5” x 9” high.
- Knives are made in Japan.
- Block and honing steel made in China.
- Use & Care
- Always use caution when handling sharp objects.
- Avoid cutting on hard surfaces such as stone, metal or glass.
- It is not advisable to use any knife but a meat cleaver to cut through bone, as other blades can be easily damaged.
- Hand-wash with warm water and a mild detergent; rinse and dry immediately.
- Avoid cleaners containing bleach or citrus extracts.
- Sharpen as needed. With regular use and honing once a week, you should not need to sharpen your knife more than once or twice a year.
- Sharpen your knife at home using a whetstone or knife sharpener designed to sharpen at a 16-degree angle, or have it sharpened by a professional.
- Store knife in a safe place to protect its edge and prevent injury.
- Please click here to learn more about Care, Sharpening, and Warranty Sharpening Policy and Shipping Instructions.
- Click here for warranty and sharpening request form.
Next Day Delivery