Shun Classic 7" Rocking Knife
- Special Offer
With its pronounced curve and broad, hefty blade, this knife rocks effortlessly over the cutting board to mince and chop herbs, garlic, onions, nuts and more. The expansive surface area of the blade also makes it handy for transferring chopped foods.
- VG-10 "super steel" blade is clad on each side with 16 microthin layers of high-carbon steel, creating a variegated look reminiscent of a Damascus-style blade.
- The wide, angle-tipped blade combines the best features of a chef's knife and a cleaver.
- Exceedingly sharp cutting edge is long lasting and easy to maintain.
- Durable PakkaWood handle resists moisture and has a D shape, to sit comfortably in the hand.
- This NSF-certified knife meets the high-level safety standards for professional kitchens.
- Handcrafted in Japan.
- Dimensions & More Info
- 7 1/2"-long blade; 4 1/2"-long handle; 7.25 oz.
- 4.8 oz.
- Handcrafted in Japan.
- Use & Care
- Always use caution when handling sharp objects.
- Avoid cutting on hard surfaces such as stone, metal or glass.
- It is not advisable to use any knife but a meat cleaver to cut through bone, as other blades can be easily damaged.
- Hand wash with warm water and a mild detergent; rinse and dry immediately.
- Avoid cleaners containing bleach or citrus extracts.
- Sharpen as needed. With regular use and honing once a week, you should not need to sharpen your knife more than once or twice a year.
- Sharpen your knife at home using a whetstone or knife sharpener designed to sharpen at a 16-degree angle, or have it sharpened by a professional.
- Store knife in a safe place to protect its edge and prevent injury.
UPS can deliver most in-stock items within 4-5 business days. UPS is unable to deliver to P.O. boxes.
Next Day Delivery
For an additional charge of $17.50 per address, we can expedite delivery to most destinations. This service is not available for some oversize items, items shipped directly from the supplier (including perishable and custom-manufactured items), out-of-stock items and items to be shipped outside the contiguous 48 states.
Orders received by 9:00 p.m., Eastern time, Monday through Thursday will arrive the next business day; orders placed Friday through Sunday will arrive on the following Tuesday.
Made to Order and Final Sale Furniture items are non-returnable, and cannot be cancelled once the order is placed.
- Gift with Purchase
- Warranty Information
Learn more about Care, Sharpening, Warranty Policy and Shipping Instructions. View details
- Free Knife Sharpening in Stores
Working with a sharp knife is safer, more effective and much less tiring than trying to cut and slice with a dull one. To ensure top performance, bring your favorite knife into your local store and one of our cutlery experts will give it a fresh, new edge using our precision equipment. The first knife is free; each additional knife is just $5.
Our stores also offer knife demonstrations to teach you the correct grip, positioning and basic knife techniques and can help you find the perfect cutlery for your needs – just ask a store associate for assistance.
Rated 5 out of 5 by Thunder from This knife made me sign up for FACEBOOK Having refused for years to follow the masses and become entangled in the clinches of FACEBOOK with all the friends, and likes, I caved, when I got my SHUN 7 " Rocking Knife. My wife Sherri, presented it to me as a gift for my birthday. I was so over come, I said I had to tell the world, and without fear or reservation, I immediately signed up for FACEBOOK. My life changed when I used this knife for the 1st time. There is no way to describe the joy of going through veggies like "a hot knife through butter". The precision, and ease of use is almost sensual to the emotions of control and power. I am officially now "SHUN 'd", and I love it.Date published: 2012-01-02