The extra width and weight of this blade give it the focused power to cut through whole chickens or large blocks of cheese. Two stacked rows of hollow grounds resist sticking when slicing and the broad blade is great for scooping up chopped ingredients from cutting board.
- VGMax “super steel” blades are clad on each side with 69 microthin layers of stainless steel, creating a variegated look reminiscent of a Damascus-style blade.
- The wide angle-tipped blade combines the best features of a chef’s knife and a cleaver.
- Two rows of indentations along the blade reduce friction and keep slices from sticking.
- Exceedingly sharp cutting edge is long lasting and easy to maintain.
- Durable PakkaWood handle resists moisture and has a D shape, to sit comfortably in the hand.
- Handcrafted in Japan.