Shun Classic 7 1/2" Double Hollow-Ground Sumo Santoku
- Special Offer
The extra width and weight of this blade give it the focused power to cut through whole chickens or large blocks of cheese. Two stacked rows of hollow grounds resist sticking when slicing and the broad blade is great for scooping up chopped ingredients from cutting board.
- VGMax “super steel” blade is clad on each side with 16 microthin layers of high-carbon steel, creating a variegated look reminiscent of a Damascus-style blade.
- The wide angle-tipped blade combines the best features of a chef’s knife and a cleaver.
- Two rows of indentations along the blade reduce friction and keep slices from sticking.
- Exceedingly sharp cutting edge is long lasting and easy to maintain.
- Durable PakkaWood handle resists moisture and has a D shape, to sit comfortably in the hand.
- This NSF-certified knife meets the high-level safety standards for professional kitchens.
- Handcrafted in Japan.
- Dimensions & More Info
- 7 1/2"-long blade; 5"-long handle; 8.25 oz.
- 4.8 oz.
- Use & Care
- Always use caution when handling sharp objects.
- Avoid cutting on hard surfaces such as stone, metal or glass.
- It is not advisable to use any knife but a meat cleaver to cut through bone, as other blades can be easily damaged.
- Hand-wash with warm water and a mild detergent; rinse and dry immediately.
- Avoid cleaners containing bleach or citrus extracts.
- Sharpen as needed. With regular use and honing once a week, you should not need to sharpen your knife more than once or twice a year.
- Sharpen your knife at home using a whetstone or knife sharpener designed to sharpen at a 16-degree angle, or have it sharpened by a professional.
- Store knife in a safe place to protect its edge and prevent injury.