Shun Classic 6" Meat Cleaver
- Special Offer
Tackle the work of breaking down larger cuts of meat and whole poultry with this heavy-duty cleaver, which cuts cleanly through flesh and bones. Produced by Japan's leading blade manufacturer, it has a wide, flat blade that can also be used to tenderize meat.
- VG-10 “super steel” blade is clad on each side with 16 microthin layers of high-carbon steel, creating a variegated look reminiscent of a Damascus-style blade.
- Designedwith a hefty blade for portioning larger meat cuts and poultry and cutting through bones and joints.
- Flatside of blade can be used to tenderize meat.
- Exceedingly sharp cutting edge is long lasting and easy to maintain.
- Durable Pakka Wood handle resists moisture and has a D shape, to sit comfortably in the hand.
- This NSF-certified knife meets the high-level hygiene standards for professional kitchens.
- Handcraftedin Japan.
- Dimensions & More Info
- 6"-long blade.
- 3 1/2"-long handle.
- 13 oz.
- Made in Japan.
- Use & Care
- Always use caution when handling sharp objects.
- Avoid cutting on hard surfaces such as stone, metal or glass.
- Hand-wash with warm water and a mild detergent; rinse and dry immediately.
- Avoid cleaners containing bleach or citrus extracts.
- Sharpen as needed. With regular use and honing once a week, you should not need to sharpen your knife more than once or twice a year.
- Sharpen your knife at home using a whetstone or knife sharpener designed to sharpen at a 16-degree angle, or have it sharpened by a professional.
- Store knife in a safe place to protect its edge and prevent injury.