Shun Classic 3-Piece Knife Starter Set
- Special Offer
Produced by Japan's leading blade manufacturer, Shun knives reflect the craftsmanship of a centuries-old tradition of Japanese knife making. This set brings together a trio of essential knives.
- Set includes a 3 1/2" paring knife, a 6" serrated utility knife and an 8" chef's knife.
- VG-MAX “super steel” blades are clad on each side with 69 microthin layers of stainless steel, creating a variegated look reminiscent of a Damascus-style blade.
- Exceedingly sharp cutting edges are long lasting and easy to maintain.
- Durable PakkaWood handles resist moisture and have a D shape, to sit comfortably in the hand.
- Handcrafted in Japan.
- Dimensions & More Info
- 3 1/2" paring knife: 3 1/2"-long blade; 4"-long handle; 2.25 oz.
- 6" serrated utility knife: 6"-long blade; 4"-long handle; 4 oz.
- 8" chef's knife: 8"-long blade; 5"-long handle; 9 oz.
- Use & Care
- Always use caution when handling sharp objects.
- Avoid cutting on hard surfaces such as stone, metal or glass.
- It is not advisable to use any knife but a meat cleaver to cut through bone, as other blades can be easily damaged.
- Hand-wash with warm water and a mild detergent; rinse and dry immediately.
- Avoid cleaners containing bleach or citrus extracts.
- Sharpen as needed. With regular use and honing once a week, your knife should not need sharpening more than once or twice a year.
- Sharpen your knife at home using a whetstone or knife sharpener designed to sharpen at a 16-degree angle, or have it sharpened by a professional.
- Store knife in a safe place to protect its edge and prevent injury.
Next Day Delivery
- Gift with Purchase
- Free Knife Sharpening in Stores
Working with a sharp knife is safer, more effective and much less tiring than trying to cut and slice with a dull one. To ensure top performance, bring your favorite knife into your local store and one of our cutlery experts will give it a fresh, new edge using our precision equipment. The first knife is free; each additional knife is just $5.
Our stores also offer knife demonstrations to teach you the correct grip, positioning and basic knife techniques and can help you find the perfect cutlery for your needs – just ask a store associate for assistance.
- Warranty Information
Rated 5 out of 5 by GoldenBellaMama from Best Knifes Ever ! I Am in love with these knifes I ordered an additional one just today because I needed a smaller every-day one. What a difference good knife have to my everyday cooking. I feel like a professional chef!Date published: 2016-04-18Rated 5 out of 5 by SinCityCook from Excellent Knife Upgrade Finally upgraded my 25 yr old Sabatier kitchen knives. After much research, I went with the Shun Classic set. I tend to use the "essentials" for almost all tasks, so this 3-piece set was perfect. I find the Shun knives are sharper and thinner than what I was used to using. They are very well-balanced and most important, the handles feel great in my hand. Although the steel is harder and slightly more fragile than what I was used to, I've had no problems at all with chipping or corrosion. I also purchased the Shun knife tray for safe storage in a drawer under my cutting block. The build quality is excellent and I now have more counter space. Overall, I'm very satisfied with the Shun knives and highly recommend this set for anyone looking to upgrade or just get started in the kitchen.Date published: 2014-01-12