This gift set includes two fine cutlery tools any home cook will love. Produced by Japan's leading blade manufacturer, it pairs a Shun Classic 5 1/2" santoku knife with a cutting board crafted of hinoki, or Japanese cypress.
- Santoku features a VG-MAX “super steel” blades are clad on each side with 69 microthin layers of stainless steel, creating a variegated look reminiscent of a Damascus-style blade.
- Exceedingly sharp cutting edge is long lasting and easy to maintain.
- Durable PakkaWood knife handle resists moisture; its D shape rests comfortably in the hand.
- Hinoki wood cutting board has natural antibacterial and rot-resistant properties, a naturally fresh citrus fragrance and a surface that's gentle on Shun knive.
- The wood's straight, subtle grain makes the stain-resistant board attractive enough for use at the table as well as in the kitchen.
- Handcrafted in Japan.