Shun 300/1,000-Grit Combination Whetstone
- Special Offer
When you're faced with an exceptionally dull blade, count on this dual-sided whetstone to help restore the original sharp edge. Start by using the abrasive 300-grit side to quickly remove material from the blade edge, then smooth and sharpen the edge with the fine 1000-grit side.
- Designed for use with Shun knives—and especially useful for sharpening very dull blades.
- The coarse 300-grit side shaves away surface material.
- The 1000-grit side is perfect for finishing the blade with a smooth, razor-sharp edge.
- Includes a rubber tray to ensure stability when sharpening.
- Designed by Shun, a Japanese company that has produced fine cutlery for more than 90 years.
- Dimensions & More Info
- 7" x 2 1/2".
- Made in Japan.
- Use & Care
- Use with straight-edged knives only; not for use with serrated blades.
- Because the coarse 300-grit side tends to remove a lot of surface material, it's best suited to expert users.
- Thoroughly soak the whetstone before sharpening.
- A paste will accumulate on the whetstone during sharpening. Leave it in place while sharpening.
- Clean whetstone under running water and allow to air dry.
Next Day Delivery
- Gift with Purchase
- Warranty Information
Learn more about Care, Sharpening, Warranty Policy and Shipping Instructions. View details
- Free Knife Sharpening in Stores
Working with a sharp knife is safer, more effective and much less tiring than trying to cut and slice with a dull one. To ensure top performance, bring your favorite knife into your local store and one of our cutlery experts will give it a fresh, new edge using our precision equipment. The first knife is free; each additional knife is just $5.
Our stores also offer knife demonstrations to teach you the correct grip, positioning and basic knife techniques and can help you find the perfect cutlery for your needs – just ask a store associate for assistance.