Shun 1,000/6,000-Grit Combination Whetstone
- Special Offer
Keep your Shun blades in pristine condition with this double-sided whetstone sharpener. For precision sharpening, it offers two grits: a fine 1000-grit side and an even finer 6000-grit side. Put a keen edge on your blade with the 1000-grit side, then polish it to razor-sharp perfection with the 6000-grit side.
- Use this classic Japanese combination whetstone to restore Shun blades to their original sharpness.
- The 1000-grit side is perfect for duller blades and setting the edge.
- The 6000-grit side is exceptionally fine—ideal for refreshing or finishing a razor-sharp edge.
- Includes a rubber tray to ensure stability when sharpening.
- Designed by Shun, a Japanese company that has produced fine cutlery for more than 90 years.
- Dimensions & More Info
- 7" x 2 1/2".
- Made in Japan.
- Use & Care
- Use with straight-edged knives only; not for use with serrated blades.
- Thoroughly soak the whetstone before sharpening.
- A paste will accumulate on the whetstone during sharpening. Leave it in place while sharpening.
- Clean whetstone under running water and allow to air dry.
UPS can deliver most in-stock items within 4-5 business days. UPS is unable to deliver to P.O. boxes.
Next Day Delivery
For an additional charge of $17.50 per address, we can expedite delivery to most destinations. This service is not available for some oversize items, items shipped directly from the supplier (including perishable and custom-manufactured items), out-of-stock items and items to be shipped outside the contiguous 48 states.
Orders received by 9:00 p.m., Eastern time, Monday through Thursday will arrive the next business day; orders placed Friday through Sunday will arrive on the following Tuesday.
Made to Order and Final Sale Furniture items are non-returnable, and cannot be cancelled once the order is placed.
- Gift with Purchase
- Warranty Information
Learn more about Care, Sharpening, Warranty Policy and Shipping Instructions. View details
- Free Knife Sharpening in Stores
Working with a sharp knife is safer, more effective and much less tiring than trying to cut and slice with a dull one. To ensure top performance, bring your favorite knife into your local store and one of our cutlery experts will give it a fresh, new edge using our precision equipment. The first knife is free; each additional knife is just $5.
Our stores also offer knife demonstrations to teach you the correct grip, positioning and basic knife techniques and can help you find the perfect cutlery for your needs – just ask a store associate for assistance.