Shiitake Mushroom Log
- Online Only
Savor the rich, meaty flavor and delicate texture of homegrown shiitake mushrooms. Grow them indoors or outdoors with little effort and no mess using our hand-cut hardwood log, which is inoculated with spores that produce a crop of organic shiitake mushrooms every two to three months for possibly two to three years. Simply soak the log in water to start the growing process, and you’ll be ready to harvest in just a few weeks. Shiitake mushrooms are delicious in everything from stir-fries and soups to pasta dishes and stews.
- Logs are hand-cut and inoculated with shiitake mushroom spores in visible drill holes that are covered in cheese wax.
- Logs can be stood upright or laid horizontally for growing.
- Metal plaque on underside of log states date of inoculation.
- Fruiting occurs approximately sixteen weeks from inoculation.
- You can start the growing process and enjoy your first crop within a few weeks of delivery.
- Just soak the log for 24 hours in cold water, mist it occasionally, and watch your crop emerge.
- 12" long, approx. 3"–6" diam.
- 4–7 lb.
- Product of 2funguys USA.
This item will be shipped directly from the manufacturer and is not eligible for rush shipping. Please allow up to two weeks for delivery.
The shipping rate varies depending on your order total and shipping destination. View Shipping Options and Charges.
At Williams-Sonoma, we take great pride in the quality and craftsmanship of our products. If, within 30 days, you are not completely satisfied with your purchase for any reason, please return the item for an exchange or refund of the merchandise value. View Full Return Policy.
Also in this Collection
Oyster Mushroom Log
- Online Only