Ballard Chicken Coop
Home-raised chickens offer the daily promise of farm-fresh eggs, free of antibiotics and hormones. They also provide an excellent source for natural fertilizer, in addition to grass and weed control. Design to utilized the inherent strength of the classic Gothic arch, this open-bottomed chicken coop does double duty, providing hens with ample space for roosting while also giving them access to open ground. The lightweight hand-crafted coop can be moved around the yard so the hens inside can keep grass trimmed and the soil loose and well fertilized—a beneficial process known as chicken tractoring.
- Hand built in Washington State of western red cedar with solid pine framing.
- Topped with arched galvanized corrugated sheet-metal roof.
- Galvanized wire-mesh sides resist corrosion.
- H-shaped roost offers 8 linear feet of roosting space–enough for four hens.
- Nesting box is easily accessed through door.
- Eco-friendly design helps support permaculture, marrying efficient environmental design with sustainable land use.
- Lightweight coop is easily maneuverable for two people using rooftop handles.
- May be used in fixed location. Dig in wire to deter predators.
- Secure latch and hinges keep hens safe from predators.
- Rodent-proof design: no gaps larger than 1/2”.
- Sturdy, wire-mesh sides allow for ample ventilation.
- 8' x 4' x 4' high.
- White Glove delivery; we'll assemble the coop and place it for you.
- Made in USA.
This item will be shipped directly from the manufacturer and is not eligible for rush shipping. Please allow up to seven weeks for delivery.
The shipping rate varies depending on your order total and shipping destination. View Shipping Options and Charges.
At Williams-Sonoma, we take great pride in the quality and craftsmanship of our products. If, within 90 days, you are not completely satisfied with your purchase for any reason, please return the item for an exchange or refund of the merchandise value. return View Full Return Policy.