Saladini Buffalo Horn Steak Knife
- Online Only
The Saladini family has been crafting knives for more than 400 years in the Tuscan town of Scarperia, a famed center of knife production. With a fully forged blade and handle carved from elegant, lightweight buffalo horn, this steak knife adds a graceful yet functional element to table settings.
- Fully forged stainless-steel blade.
- Blade is tightly joined to a polished natural buffalo-horn handle carved from the densest part of the horn for superior strength and a beautiful grain.
- Handle color will vary.
- 6 1/4" blade; 4 3/4" handle; 4 oz.
- Handcrafted in Italy by Saladini, cutlery makers since the 17th century.
- Use & Care
- Always use caution when handling sharp objects.
- Avoid cutting on hard surfaces such as stone, metal or glass.
- It is not advisable to use any knife but a meat cleaver to cut through bone, as other blades can be easily damaged.
- Clean blade with damp cloth, dry carefully, and cover in a very thin layer of oil.
- Avoid getting the handle wet. Treat periodically with a soft cloth soaked with olive oil or beeswax.
- Maintain the knife's cutting edge by regularly using a honing steel.
- Sharpen as needed. With regular use and honing, your knife should not need sharpening more than once or twice a year.
- Sharpen knife at home using a whetstone or knife sharpener, or consult a professional.
- Store knife in a safe place to protect its edge and prevent injury.
Next Day Delivery
- Free Knife Sharpening in Stores
Working with a sharp knife is safer, more effective and much less tiring than trying to cut and slice with a dull one. To ensure top performance, bring your favorite knife into your local store and one of our cutlery experts will give it a fresh, new edge using our precision equipment. The first knife is free; each additional knife is just $5.
Our stores also offer knife demonstrations to teach you the correct grip, positioning and basic knife techniques and can help you find the perfect cutlery for your needs – just ask a store associate for assistance.