Saladini Buffalo Horn Steak Knife
- Online Only
The Saladini family has been crafting knives for more than 400 years in the Tuscan town of Scarperia, a famed center of knife production. With a fully forged blade and handle carved from elegant, lightweight buffalo horn, this steak knife adds a graceful yet functional element to table settings.
- Fully forged stainless-steel blade.
- Blade is tightly joined to a polished natural buffalo-horn handle carved from the densest part of the horn for superior strength and a beautiful grain.
- Handle color will vary.
- 6 1/4" blade; 4 3/4" handle; 4 oz.
- Handcrafted in Italy by Saladini, cutlery makers since the 17th century.
- Use & Care
- Always use caution when handling sharp objects.
- Avoid cutting on hard surfaces such as stone, metal or glass.
- It is not advisable to use any knife but a meat cleaver to cut through bone, as other blades can be easily damaged.
- Clean blade with damp cloth, dry carefully, and cover in a very thin layer of oil.
- Avoid getting the handle wet. Treat periodically with a soft cloth soaked with olive oil or beeswax.
- Maintain the knife's cutting edge by regularly using a honing steel.
- Sharpen as needed. With regular use and honing, your knife should not need sharpening more than once or twice a year.
- Sharpen knife at home using a whetstone or knife sharpener, or consult a professional.
- Store knife in a safe place to protect its edge and prevent injury.
This item is shipped from our warehouse by UPS to arrive within five business days of our receiving your order.
For an additional charge of $15 per address, we can rush delivery to most destinations. This service is not available for some oversize items, items shipped directly from the supplier (including perishable and custom-manufactured items), out-of-stock items and items to be shipped outside the contiguous 48 states.