Saladini Ox Horn Paring Knife
Since the 1600s, the Saladini family has been crafting knives in the Tuscan town of Scarperia, a famed center of cutlery production. This paring knife has a fully forged blade and a handle carved from elegant ox horn that’s polished to a lustrous sheen. Its short blade is designed to make quick work of trimming and cutting fruits and vegetables.
- Fully forged stainless-steel blade.
- Lightweight ox-horn handle is carved from the densest part of the horn for superior strength and a beautiful grain.
- Handle color will vary.
- 4" blade; 5" handle; 2 oz.
- Made in Italy.
- Use & Care
- Always use caution when handling sharp objects.
- Avoid cutting on hard surfaces such as stone, metal or glass.
- It is not advisable to use any knife but a meat cleaver to cut through bone, as other blades can be easily damaged.
- Clean blade with damp cloth, dry carefully, and cover in a very thin layer of oil.
- Avoid getting the handle wet. Treat periodically with a soft cloth soaked with olive oil or beeswax.
- Maintain the knife's cutting edge by regularly using a honing steel.
- Sharpen as needed. With regular use and honing, your knife should not need sharpening more than once or twice a year.
- Sharpen knife at home using a whetstone or knife sharpener, or consult a professional.
- Store knife in a safe place to protect its edge and prevent injury.