Saladini Ox Horn Honing Steel
- Online Only
Since the 1600s, the Saladini family has been making knives in the town of Scarperia, a famed Italian center of cutlery production. With a handle carved from elegant, lightweight polished ox horn, this honing steel will keep blades sharp; use before each knife use to maintain a keen edge.
- Maintains the razor-sharp edges of most knife blades between sharpenings; do not use on serrated blades.
- Lightweight ox-horn handle is carved from the densest part of the horn for superior strength and a beautiful grain.
- Handle color will vary.
- 8"-long steel; 4 3/4"-long handle; 6 oz.
- Made in Italy.
- Use & Care
- Always use caution when handling sharp objects.
- Clean with a damp cloth, dry carefully, and cover in a very thin layer of oil.
- Avoid getting the handle wet. Treat periodically with a soft cloth soaked with olive oil or beeswax.
- With regular honing, your knives should not need sharpening more than once or twice a year.
- Store in a safe place to protect rod and prevent injury.
This item is shipped from our warehouse by UPS to arrive within five business days of our receiving your order.
The shipping rate varies depending on your order total and shipping destination.View Shipping Options and Charges.
For an additional charge of $15 per address, we can rush delivery to most destinations. This service is not available for some oversize items, items shipped directly from the supplier (including perishable and custom-manufactured items), out-of-stock items and items to be shipped outside the contiguous 48 states.
At Williams-Sonoma, we take great pride in the quality and craftsmanship of our products. If, within 90 days, you are not completely satisfied with your purchase for any reason, please return the item for an exchange or refund of the merchandise value. View Full Return Policy.