Saladini Ox Horn Honing Steel
- Online Only
Since the 1600s, the Saladini family has been making knives in the town of Scarperia, a famed Italian center of cutlery production. With a handle carved from elegant, lightweight polished ox horn, this honing steel will keep blades sharp; use before each knife use to maintain a keen edge.
- Maintains the razor-sharp edges of most knife blades between sharpenings; do not use on serrated blades.
- Lightweight ox-horn handle is carved from the densest part of the horn for superior strength and a beautiful grain.
- Handle color will vary.
- 8"-long steel; 4 3/4"-long handle; 6 oz.
- Made in Italy.
- Use & Care
- Always use caution when handling sharp objects.
- Clean with a damp cloth, dry carefully, and cover in a very thin layer of oil.
- Avoid getting the handle wet. Treat periodically with a soft cloth soaked with olive oil or beeswax.
- With regular honing, your knives should not need sharpening more than once or twice a year.
- Store in a safe place to protect rod and prevent injury.
Next Day Delivery