Saladini Ox Horn Chef's Knife
For more than 400 years, the Saladini family has been crafting knives in the Tuscan town of Scarperia, a famed center of cutlery production. This versatile chef’s knife features a fully forged blade and a handle carved from elegant ox horn, polished to a lustrous sheen. The all-purpose knife is indispensable for everyday chopping and slicing.
- Fully forged stainless-steel blade.
- Blade is tightly joined to a polished natural ox-horn handle carved from the densest part of the horn for superior strength and a beautiful grain.
- Handle color will vary.
- 6" chef’s knife: 6" blade; 4 3/4" handle; 5 1/2 oz.
- 8" chef’s knife: 8" blade; 4 1/2" handle; 6 oz.
- Handcrafted in Italy by Saladini, cutlery makers since the 17th century.
- Use & Care
- Always use caution when handling sharp objects.
- Avoid cutting on hard surfaces such as stone, metal or glass.
- It is not advisable to use any knife but a meat cleaver to cut through bone, as other blades can be easily damaged.
- Clean blade with damp cloth, dry carefully, and cover in a very thin layer of oil.
- Avoid getting the handle wet. Treat periodically with a soft cloth soaked with olive oil or beeswax.
- Maintain the knife's cutting edge by regularly using a honing steel.
- Sharpen as needed. With regular use and honing, your knife should not need sharpening more than once or twice a year.
- Sharpen knife at home using a whetstone or knife sharpener, or consult a professional.
- Store knife in a safe place to protect its edge and prevent injury.
Next Day Delivery
Orders recieved by 9:00 p.m., Eastern time, Monday through Thursday will arrive the next business day; orders placed Friday thorugh Sunday will arrive on the following Tuesday.