Saladini Ox Horn Chef's Knife
For more than 400 years, the Saladini family has been crafting knives in the Tuscan town of Scarperia, a famed center of cutlery production. This versatile chef’s knife features a fully forged blade and a handle carved from elegant ox horn, polished to a lustrous sheen. The all-purpose knife is indispensable for everyday chopping and slicing.
- Fully forged stainless-steel blade.
- Blade is tightly joined to a polished natural ox-horn handle carved from the densest part of the horn for superior strength and a beautiful grain.
- Handle color will vary.
- 6" chef’s knife: 6" blade; 4 3/4" handle; 5 1/2 oz.
- 8" chef’s knife: 8" blade; 4 1/2" handle; 6 oz.
- Handcrafted in Italy by Saladini, cutlery makers since the 17th century.
- Always use caution when handling sharp objects.
- Avoid cutting on hard surfaces such as stone, metal or glass.
- It is not advisable to use any knife but a meat cleaver to cut through bone, as other blades can be easily damaged.
- Clean blade with damp cloth, dry carefully, and cover in a very thin layer of oil.
- Avoid getting the handle wet. Treat periodically with a soft cloth soaked with olive oil or beeswax.
- Maintain the knife's cutting edge by regularly using a honing steel.
- Sharpen as needed. With regular use and honing, your knife should not need sharpening more than once or twice a year.
- Sharpen knife at home using a whetstone or knife sharpener, or consult a professional.
- Store knife in a safe place to protect its edge and prevent injury.
This item is shipped from our warehouse by UPS to arrive within five business days of our receiving your order.
The shipping rate varies depending on your order total and shipping destination.View Shipping Options and Charges.
For an additional charge of $15 per address, we can rush delivery to most destinations. This service is not available for some oversize items, items shipped directly from the supplier (including perishable and custom-manufactured items), out-of-stock items and items to be shipped outside the contiguous 48 states.