Saladini Ox Horn Bread Knife
- Online Only
Since the 1600s, the Saladini family has been making knives in the town of Scarperia, a famed Italian center of cutlery production. The long, serrated blade of this knife is optimal for slicing crusty bread and for cutting neat slices of sandwich bread. The handle is carved from elegant, lightweight ox horn, polished to a lustrous sheen.
- Fully forged stainless-steel blade.
- Lightweight ox-horn handle is carved from the densest part of the horn for superior strength and a beautiful grain.
- Handle color will vary.
- 9" blade; 4 1/2" handle; 6 oz.
- Made in Italy.
- Use & Care
- Always use caution when handling sharp objects.
- Avoid cutting on hard surfaces such as stone, metal or glass.
- It is not advisable to use any knife but a meat cleaver to cut through bone, as other blades can be easily damaged.
- Clean blade with damp cloth, dry carefully, and cover in a very thin layer of oil.
- Avoid getting the handle wet. Treat periodically with a soft cloth soaked with olive oil or beeswax.
- Maintain the knife's cutting edge by regularly using a honing steel.
- Sharpen as needed. With regular use and honing, your knife should not need sharpening more than once or twice a year.
- Sharpen knife at home using a whetstone or knife sharpener, or consult a professional.
- Store knife in a safe place to protect its edge and prevent injury.
Next Day Delivery
Orders recieved by 9:00 p.m., Eastern time, Monday through Thursday will arrive the next business day; orders placed Friday thorugh Sunday will arrive on the following Tuesday.