Saladini Ox Horn Boning Knife
- Online Only
Since the 1600s, the Saladini family has been making knives in the town of Scarperia, a famed Italian center of cutlery production. This boning knife features a fully forged blade with a sharp tip and narrow shape—ideal for removing bones from meat, chicken and fish. The handle is carved from elegant, lightweight ox horn polished to a lustrous sheen.
- Fully forged stainless-steel blade.
- Lightweight ox horn handle is carved from the densest part of the horn for superior strength and a beautiful grain.
- Handle color will vary.
- 6 1/2" blade; 5" handle; 4.5 oz.
- Handcrafted in Italy by Saladini, cutlery makers since the 17th century.
- Use & Care
- Always use caution when handling sharp objects.
- Avoid cutting on hard surfaces such as stone, metal or glass.
- It is not advisable to use any knife but a meat cleaver to cut through bone, as other blades can be easily damaged.
- Clean blade with damp cloth, dry carefully, and cover in a very thin layer of oil.
- Avoid getting the handle wet. Treat periodically with a soft cloth soaked with olive oil or beeswax.
- Maintain the knife's cutting edge by regularly using a honing steel.
- Sharpen as needed. With regular use and honing, your knife should not need sharpening more than once or twice a year.
- Sharpen knife at home using a whetstone or knife sharpener, or have it sharpened by a professional.
- Store knife in a safe place to protect its edge and prevent injury.
Next Day Delivery
Orders recieved by 9:00 p.m., Eastern time, Monday through Thursday will arrive the next business day; orders placed Friday thorugh Sunday will arrive on the following Tuesday.
To help with holiday gift giving, we are extending our return policy between 10/30/2014 and 12/24/2014. If you or a recipient are not satisfied with a gift purchased during this time, present a gift or original receipt by 1/31/2015.