Saladini Ox Horn Boning Knife
Since the 1600s, the Saladini family has been making knives in the town of Scarperia, a famed Italian center of cutlery production. This boning knife features a fully forged blade with a sharp tip and narrow shape—ideal for removing bones from meat, chicken and fish. The handle is carved from elegant, lightweight ox horn polished to a lustrous sheen.
- Fully forged stainless-steel blade.
- Lightweight ox horn handle is carved from the densest part of the horn for superior strength and a beautiful grain.
- Handle color will vary.
- 6 1/2" blade; 5" handle; 4.5 oz.
- Handcrafted in Italy by Saladini, cutlery makers since the 17th century.
- Always use caution when handling sharp objects.
- Avoid cutting on hard surfaces such as stone, metal or glass.
- It is not advisable to use any knife but a meat cleaver to cut through bone, as other blades can be easily damaged.
- Clean blade with damp cloth, dry carefully, and cover in a very thin layer of oil.
- Avoid getting the handle wet. Treat periodically with a soft cloth soaked with olive oil or beeswax.
- Maintain the knife's cutting edge by regularly using a honing steel.
- Sharpen as needed. With regular use and honing, your knife should not need sharpening more than once or twice a year.
- Sharpen knife at home using a whetstone or knife sharpener, or have it sharpened by a professional.
- Store knife in a safe place to protect its edge and prevent injury.
This item is shipped from our warehouse by UPS to arrive within five business days of our receiving your order.
The shipping rate varies depending on your order total and shipping destination.View Shipping Options and Charges.
For an additional charge of $15 per address, we can rush delivery to most destinations. This service is not available for some oversize items, items shipped directly from the supplier (including perishable and custom-manufactured items), out-of-stock items and items to be shipped outside the contiguous 48 states.
At Williams-Sonoma, we take great pride in the quality and craftsmanship of our products. If, within 90 days, you are not completely satisfied with your purchase for any reason, please return the item for an exchange or refund of the merchandise value. View Full Return Policy.