Sabatier Wood-Handle Knife Set
Legendary for their precise blades and impeccable craftsmanship, true Sabatier knives are considered to be those made by a select group of French manufacturers whose origins date back to the 19th century. Our Sabatier knives have been made by family-owned Therias et l’Econome in Thiers, France since 1819. Their blades exhibit world-class strength, durability and edge retention.
- Fully forged for superior durability and balance.
- The Sabatier knife’s signature narrow, pointed blade-shape encourages precision and control.
- Z50C13 stainless-steel blade is strong yet flexible and holds a razor-sharp edge.
- Every detail is superbly crafted, from the triple brass rivets to the beautiful and durable resin-infused handles made of bonded oak wood.
- Blade, bolster and tang are all made from a single piece of steel for greater strength and control.
- Rounded bolsters contribute to a great hand feel and facilitate a variety of cutting grips.
- Full-tang construction provides optimum balance and a rock-solid feel.
- Based in Thiers, France, Therias et l’Econome has been making knives for more than 190 years.
- Six-slot storage block is crafted of beech wood with Sapele wood accents.
- 4" paring knife.
- 6" slicing knife.
- 8" bread knife.
- 8" chef’s knife.
- 8" carving knife.
- Honing steel.
- 6-slot storage block.
- Dimensions & More Info
- 4" paring knife: 4"-long blade; 4"-long handle; 2.5 oz.
- 6" slicing knife: 6"-long blade; 4 1/4"-long handle; 4.25 oz.
- 8" bread knife: 8"-long blade; 4 3/4"-long handle; 6 oz.
- 8" chef’s knife: 8"-long blade; 4 3/4"-long handle; 7 oz.
- 8" carving knife: 8"-long blade; 4 1/4"-long handle; 4 oz.
- Honing steel: 8"-long steel; 4 1/2"-long handle; 6.25 oz.
- Knife block: 3 1/2" x 9” x 9 1/2" high.
- Use & Care
- Always use caution when handling sharp objects.
- Avoid cutting on hard surfaces such as stone, metal or glass.
- It is not advisable to use any knife but a meat cleaver to cut through bone, as other blades can be easily damaged.
- Hand-wash with warm water and a mild detergent. Rinse and dry immediately.
- Maintain the knife's cutting edge by regularly using a honing steel.
- Sharpen as needed. With regular use and honing, your knife should not need sharpening more than once or twice a year.
- Sharpen knife at home using a whetstone or knife sharpener, or have it sharpened by a professional.
- Store knife in a safe place to protect its edge and prevent injury.
UPS can deliver most in-stock items within 4-5 business days.
Next Day Delivery
Orders received by 9:00 p.m., Eastern time, Monday through Thursday will arrive the next business day; orders placed Friday through Sunday will arrive on the following Tuesday.
- Free Knife Sharpening in Stores
Working with a sharp knife is safer, more effective and much less tiring than trying to cut and slice with a dull one. To ensure top performance, bring your favorite knife into your local store and one of our cutlery experts will give it a fresh, new edge using our precision equipment. The first knife is free; each additional knife is just $5.
Our stores also offer knife demonstrations to teach you the correct grip, positioning and basic knife techniques and can help you find the perfect cutlery for your needs – just ask a store associate for assistance.