Sabatier Wood Handled Honing Steel
Honing SteelInternet Only
Legendary for their precise blades and impeccable craftsmanship, true Sabatier knives are considered to be those made by a select group of French manufacturers whose origins date back to the 19th century. Our Sabatier knives have been made by family-owned Therias et l’Econome in Thiers, France since 1819.
- Maintains the razor-sharp edge of most standard knife blades (not for use on serrated or scalloped blades).
- Durable, corrosion-resistant stainless steel resists stains.
- Every detail is superbly crafted, from the triple brass rivets to the beautiful and durable resin-infused handles made of bonded oak wood.
- Incredible attention to detail—from the triple brass rivets to the glazed oak wood handles.
- Based in Thiers, France, Therias et l’Econome has been making knives for more than 190 years.
- 8"-long steel; 4 1/2"-long handle; 6.25 oz.
- Use with straight-edged knives only; not for use with serrated blades.
- Steel length should measure at least as long as the knife being honed.
- Hone knife before each use to maintain the sharpest edge.
- To properly hone the knife, hold it at a 20-degree angle and draw the blade across the steel. Never stroke the same side of blade more than once in succession.
- Should metal filings accumulate on the steel, remove them with a damp cloth.