Ruffoni Opus Prima Hammered Stainless-Steel Stock Pot
After more than 45 years of producing extraordinary pans from copper, the Ruffoni family began channeling its artistry into clad stainless-steel cookware of the same exceptional quality. Constructed of alternating layers of stainless steel and aluminum, this stockpot withstands rigorous use.
- 8-qt. cap.
- Alternating layers of stainless steel and aluminum transfer heat efficiently, eliminating hot spots.
- Hand-hammered exterior with a unique serial number inscribed on the bottom.
- Solid stainless-steel handles and lid.
- Knob is hand cast in brass and plated in silver by a Milanese silversmith.
- Made in Italy.
- Dimensions & More Info
- 10 1/4" diam., 5 3/4" high.
- 8-qt. cap.
- 6 lb. 10 oz. with lid.
- Made in Italy.
- Use & Care
- Ideal for use on any type of cooktop, including induction.
- Oven safe to 500°F.
- Use wood, plastic or heat-resistant nylon tools to avoid scratching the stainless-steel lining.
- Do not use knives, sharp kitchen tools or an electric hand mixer in your cookware, as they may scratch lining.
- Allow pan to cool before washing.
- Dishwasher safe.
- Hand-wash removable knob.
- Avoid using steel wool, steel scouring pads or harsh detergents.
- To remove stubborn food residue, fill cookware with small amount of water and place over low heat until food is softened and easily removed.
- Cookware may discolor if not completely cleaned before reheating. To remove discolored areas, rub with a cloth dampened with lemon juice or white vinegar, or use a high-quality nonabrasive stainless-steel cleaner.
Next Day Delivery
- More about Ruffoni
Ruffoni was founded in 1962 in Omegna, Italy, a beautiful lakeside town at the base of the Alps that’s known for its tradition of metalworking and coppersmiths. The Ruffoni family preserves this history in its private collection and museum, which showcases antique copper cookware and early copper-production processes. The company’s skilled artisans still use many of these time-tested, hands-on techniques to craft heirloom-quality cookware as beautiful as it is functional. From hand-hammered exteriors to decorative molded handles and knobs, the famous Italian attention to design shines in every piece.
You May Also Need
Ruffoni Opus Prima Hammered Stainless-Steel Knob
Bar Keepers Friend
Rated 5 out of 5 by ChristiK from My "go to" pot I love this pot for making big pots of soup, pasta, or chicken stock. It conducts heat evenly, so everything cooks well. It is so beautiful that I serve from it. It is very easy to clean. I do not use anything abrasive to clean it...just soapy water and a sponge. Because of its quality, performance and beauty, I have purchased 2 more Ruffoni Prima hammered stainless pots.Date published: 2016-06-22Rated 5 out of 5 by bweesner from Ruffoni Stainless is great Have had this pot for over 2 years, and would definitely recommend! Very beautiful on the stove, and cooks very well. We made the mistake of placing the lid with silver finial in the dishwasher after a year of being careful, and sure enough there was a tarnished effect that has been somewhat permanent. Any good silversmith could repair for less than $100 I am sure, but if it now looks like Pewter rather than silver plate, so be it. My no. 1 go to pan. The base of the pot has been in dishwasher almost daily for 2 years now, and looks new. Our finial has always turned/spinned and has created a subtle ring on the actual lid where the leaf touches, but again, I am a cook's cook, and feel that this pot has so much character and still looks wonderful. I'm proud that it looks so great after (at least) daily use. Will ask Williams Sonoma about repair to the finial some day.. I'm not worried about the cost, as this is a pot i will have the rest of my life.Date published: 2016-01-19Rated 5 out of 5 by Jeffskitchen from love this pot Very nice pot, It was expensive but I think you really get what you pay for. easy to clean and easy on the eyes. I really like the look of the hammered sides and the figural lid knob. Caution by mistake before reading the directions I washed the knob on the lid in the dishwasher. the knob tarnished but did come clean with a little polish . the knob screws off easy to make the lid dishwasher safe. perfect size for a boiled diner, big pot of soup, or stew. I can hard boil 6 dozen eggs in it. I really wanted one of their copper pots but was put off with the tin lining and expense of paying to reline an already very expensive pot every 5 years. I have had this pot about a year and I use it often and it still looks new. I store it on my stove so I can see it and enjoy it's design when I'm not cooking.Date published: 2015-10-29