Ruffoni Hammered Copper Sauce Pot
The story of this elegant piece began with a home cook (and Ruffoni collector) who contacted Ruffoni, the Italian maker of heirloom-quality cookware, and requested a small pot for everyday cooking. The company responded by designing this versatile saucepan, ideal for everything from heating stock for risotto to simmering soups and sauces.
- Crafted in Italy of hand-hammered copper for excellent heat conductivity.
- Interior is lined with durable nonreactive tin.
- Cast-brass handle.
- Copper lid is adorned with a sculptural cast-brass acorn knob.
- A Williams-Sonoma exclusive.
- 6 1/4" diam., 4 1/4" high.
- 2 1/2-qt. cap.
- 2 lb. 13 oz. with lid.
- Made in Italy.
- Ideal for gas and electric cooktops.
- Oven safe to 450°F.
- To protect the tin lining from damage, do not heat the pot empty or at temperatures above 450°F.
- Use wood, plastic or heat-resistant nylon tools to avoid scratching the tin lining.
- Allow pot to cool before washing.
- Hand-wash; dry immediately with a soft cloth.
- Avoid using steel wool, steel scouring pads or harsh detergents.
- Copper will develop a rich patina over time. This will not affect the pan's cooking performance. To keep the exterior looking new, use a copper polish or a combination of lemon and salt.
- The tin lining protects foods from reacting with copper but will become discolored over time. This is normal. Depending on the frequency of use and types of food cooked, the tin lining may eventually have to be replaced. To prolong the lining's usefulness, avoid cooking acidic ingredients in your tin-lined cookware.