Ruffoni Hand-Hammered Copper Risotto Pan
Made exclusively for Williams-Sonoma at Ruffoni's family-owned workshop in the Italian Alps, our copper pan is uniquely suited for making risotto. Crafted by master metalsmiths from a single sheet of copper, the pan is also perfect for simmering sauces and soups.
- Crafted of hand-hammered copper for excellent heat conductivity.
- Interior is lined with durable nonreactive tin.
- The wide base ensures steady absorption of broth, and the rounded bottom eases stirring.
- Riveted brass handle with a sculpted acorn at the base.
- Included cherrywood risotto spoon has a traditional circular opening that encourages a creamy consistency.
- A Williams-Sonoma exclusive.
- Dimensions & More Info
- 9 3/4" x 3 1/2" high.
- 4-qt. cap.
- 3 lb. 2 oz.
- Made in Italy.
- Use & Care
- Ideal for gas and electric cooktops.
- Oven safe to 450°F.
- To protect the tin lining from damage, do not heat the pot empty or at temperatures above 450°F.
- Use wood, plastic or heat-resistant nylon tools to avoid scratching the tin lining.
- Allow pot to cool before washing.
- Hand-wash; dry immediately with a soft cloth.
- Avoid using steel wool, steel scouring pads or harsh detergents.
- Copper will develop a rich patina over time. This will not affect the pan's cooking performance. To keep the exterior looking new, use a copper polish or a combination of lemon and salt.
- The tin lining protects foods from reacting with copper but will become discolored over time. This is normal. Depending on the frequency of use and types of food cooked, the tin lining may eventually have to be replaced. To prolong the lining's usefulness, avoid cooking acidic ingredients in your tin-lined cookware.