Ruffoni Hand-Hammered Historia Copper Chef's Pan with Wood Spoon
Handcrafted at a family-owned workshop in the Italian Alps, this heavy-gauge copper pan, made from a single sheet of copper, is uniquely designed for making risotto but is also perfectly suited for simmering sauces and soups.
- 4-qt. cap.
- Crafted of hand-hammered copper for excellent heat conductivity.
- Interior is lined with durable nonreactive tin.
- The wide base ensures steady absorption of broth, and the rounded bottom eases stirring.
- Riveted brass handle with a sculpted acorn at the base.
- Included cherrywood risotto spoon has a traditional circular opening that encourages a creamy consistency.
- Made in Italy.
- Dimensions & More Info
- 9 3/4" x 3 1/2" high.
- 4-qt. cap.
- 3 lb. 2 oz.
- Made in Italy.
- Use & Care
- Ideal for gas and electric cooktops.
- Oven safe to 450°F.
- To protect the tin lining from damage, do not heat the pot empty or at temperatures above 450°F.
- Use wood, plastic or heat-resistant nylon tools to avoid scratching the tin lining.
- Allow pot to cool before washing.
- Hand-wash; dry immediately with a soft cloth.
- Avoid using steel wool, steel scouring pads or harsh detergents.
- Copper will develop a rich patina over time. This will not affect the pan's cooking performance. To keep the exterior looking new, use a copper polish or a combination of lemon and salt.
- The tin lining protects foods from reacting with copper but will become discolored over time. This is normal. Depending on the frequency of use and types of food cooked, the tin lining may eventually have to be replaced. To prolong the lining's usefulness, avoid cooking acidic ingredients in your tin-lined cookware.
Next Day Delivery
You May Also Need
Bar Keepers Friend
Rated 5 out of 5 by docmd from Beautiful cookware Love these pans- I keep adding to my collection every year. Cooking is such a pleasure in these pansDate published: 2015-12-26Rated 4 out of 5 by 24rjan from Near Perfect Risotto Pan Stars: I gave this 4 stars because the promised wooden spoon was not incuded! It did not arrive with the pan. That said, the pan is amazing for cooking risotto. It quite lives up to its name. The improvement between preparing risotto in this pan and every other pan I've ever used was shocking to me - it was that dramatic a difference. Like drinking wine from the proper shaped glass - a very significant improvement. The pan was the only thing I changed so I know it is the key element. Very impressive. Haven't tried making other things in it yet, but I already love it. It is also beautiful to look at. There are a couple of negatives: the handle is actually quite thin and thus hard to grasp - I needed an oven mitt to hold it, and as someone else noted, it definitely could use a small handle on the front to help with lifting. Those pale in comparison to the overall perfection of the pan for its chief task: making risotto.Date published: 2015-11-12Rated 5 out of 5 by ChezBozzy from Love using this pan! I bought this pan for my boyfriend for Christmas a couple of years ago since risotto is his favorite thing in life. I'm the one who mostly uses it, and it is a joy to cook in. So beautiful, conducts heat so well ... I leave it on my stove, and find myself using it for more than just risotto, it's quite a versatile pan. I often make scampi in it, and there's plenty of room to add the cooked pasta to combine when the time comes. Didn't get a spoon with mine, must be a new add. Somehow, cooking in copper elevates the every day into a joyful experience.Date published: 2015-05-08Rated 4 out of 5 by LuvCopper from Great Risotto Pan from Italy I have always wanted a copper cooking item. I finally decided on the Ruffoni Risotto Pan because I make it often enough to justify the purchase. I have now used it twice in the first week and I must say I am very pleased with this pan. I am careful with it due to the tin lining but for me this was not a deal-breaker. Like other reviewers I love how it looks in my kitchen. I plan to get at least one other item, maybe Ruffoni or another brand.Date published: 2014-01-06Rated 5 out of 5 by DenverL from Perfect Risotto Pan This Pan makes the perfect Risotto. I could not be more pleased - perfect results every time. It is a beautiful pot to serve from.Date published: 2013-11-18Rated 4 out of 5 by mylady from perfect for two As a rule I always cook for two more than the ones expected for dinner and enough for seconds so this would be my dinner for two risotto pan as it does very well for four generous servings and left overs. The actual beauty of the pot can not be appreciated online. It is a pleasure working with it as it is extraordinarily pretty. Dish was excellent and served right from the pot. I won't say it is my best but it is definitely a loved one. Gave a four because I always like my pots to have a lid regardless of wether is used or not during cooking. I like to be able to cover it afterwards but the pot is excellentDate published: 2013-02-13Rated 5 out of 5 by Armando from Beauty + function This pan is so gorgeous and worked so beautifully! It is very convenient to be able to make the risotto and serve it in the same pan - keeps the heat better that way. Rice did not stick at all and I made a chestnut risotto with butternut squash no less. My ONLY disappointment is that the spoon that comes with it looked a wreck after being used ONCE and washed by hand, but that is such a minor consideration. I can get another spoon.Date published: 2012-01-26