Ruffoni Polenta Pot
For perfect polenta, prepare the dish as Italian cooks do: in a heavy-gauge copper paiolo like this one. The pot's flared sides facilitate stirring and encourage the steady absorption of water into the cornmeal, ensuring a creamy texture. The pot is hand made by master metalsmiths in Ruffoni's family-owned workshop in the Italian Alps.
- Crafted of hand-hammered copper for excellent heat conductivity.
- Interior is lined with durable nonreactive tin.
- Shaped to facilitate stirring and encourage absorption of liquid.
- Riveted brass handle is adorned with sculpted acorns and leaves.
- Includes a long wooden stirring spoon.
- A Williams-Sonoma exclusive.
- Dimensions & More Info
- 8 1/2" diam., 5 1/4" high.
- 3 1/2-qt. cap.
- 2 lb. 14 oz.
- Made in Italy.
- Use & Care
- Ideal for gas and electric cooktops.
- Oven safe to 450°F.
- To protect the tin lining from damage, do not heat the pot empty or at temperatures above 450°F.
- Use wood, plastic or heat-resistant nylon tools to avoid scratching the tin lining.
- Allow pot to cool before washing.
- Hand-wash; dry immediately with a soft cloth.
- Avoid using steel wool, steel scouring pads or harsh detergents.
- Copper will develop a rich patina over time. This will not affect the pan's cooking performance. To keep the exterior looking new, use a copper polish or a combination of lemon and salt.
- The tin lining protects foods from reacting with copper but will become discolored over time. This is normal. Depending on the frequency of use and types of food cooked, the tin lining may eventually have to be replaced. To prolong the lining's usefulness, avoid cooking acidic ingredients in your tin-lined cookware.
This item is shipped from our warehouse by UPS to arrive within five business days of our receiving your order.
For an additional charge of $15 per address, we can rush delivery to most destinations. This service is not available for some oversize items, items shipped directly from the supplier (including perishable and custom-manufactured items), out-of-stock items and items to be shipped outside the contiguous 48 states.