Romertopf Classic Series Clay Baker
- Online Only
Meet one of the easiest ways to cook up healthy, great-tasting meals. A classic German design, our Römertopf ("Roman pot") roasts poultry, meat or vegetables to tender, juicy perfection. When prepared in the clay baker, food stays incredibly moist without added oil—and retains all its fresh flavors and nutrients. This versatile piece is also great for simmering stews, making casseroles and baking breads.
- Traditional clay baker offers a simple, efficient way to slow-cook foods in their natural juices.
- Easy to use—just soak the roaster in water before placing it inside the oven.
- Soaking allows the roaster to create and maintain moisture, guaranteeing succulent results.
- Preheat the filled baker and oven together; after reaching desired temperature, the earthenware conducts heat gently and evenly.
- Glazed interior; unglazed earthenware exterior will darken naturally with time and use.
- A tight-fitting cover circulates heat while sealing in juices, flavor and nutrients.
- Dishwasher safe.
- Made in Germany.
- Dimensions & More Info
- 3-qt. cap.
- 13 3/4" x 9" x 6 1/2” high.
- 8 lb. 5 oz.
- Made in Germany.
- Use & Care
- Microwavable and oven safe—not for stovetop use.
- Do not place in a preheated oven; place baker with food in cold oven and heat together.
- Avoid rapid changes in temperature, which may cause cracking.
- Dishwasher safe.
- If needed, clean with baking soda or salt—do not use soap.
- Store in a dry, well-ventilated place.
This item is shipped from our warehouse by UPS to arrive within five business days of our receiving your order.
The shipping rate varies depending on your order total and shipping destination. View Shipping Options and Charges.
Next Day Delivery
For an additional charge of $17.50 per address, we can expedite delivery to most destinations. This service is not available for some oversize items, items shipped directly from the supplier (including perishable and custom-manufactured items), out-of-stock items and items to be shipped outside the contiguous 48 states.
Orders recieved by 9:00 p.m., Eastern time, Monday through Thursday will arrive the next business day; orders placed Friday thorugh Sunday will arrive on the following Tuesday.
To help with holiday gift giving, we are extending our return policy between 10/30/2014 and 12/24/2014. If you or a recipient are not satisfied with a gift purchased during this time, present a gift or original receipt by 1/31/2015.
At Williams-Sonoma, we take great pride in the quality and craftsmanship of our products. Attention to design, materials, safety and construction are our priority. Upon receipt, please inspect your purchase and notify us of any damage; we will arrange for a prompt replacement.
If within 30 days, you are dissatisfied for any reason, you may return your purchase for a refund of the merchandise value. An original receipt or gift receipt is required for all returns and exchanges. Returns with a gift receipt will be refunded in the form of a Merchandise Credit for the amount indicated on the gift receipt. Returns with original receipt will be refunded in the original form of payment, cash and check refunds over $100 will be issued as a company check (may take 14 business days from time of request).
We cannot accept returns on monogrammed, personalized, special-order items, custom upholstery, items shipped direct from the vendor, or on items damaged through normal wear and tear. Final sale items ending in .97 or .99 cannot be returned.
For returns of items purchased from your Williams-Sonoma Gift Registry, we will gladly provide a refund or exchange for the merchandise within 90 days of your event or within 90 days of purchase, whichever date is later. View Full Return Policy.