Riedel Black Tie Decanter
From Riedel of Austria, this sophisticated lead-crystal decanter is both an exquisite example of glassblower’s art glass art and a functional way to bring out their full flavor and bouquet of wine through aeration. The sensuous loop of glass is free blown: the glassblower forms the shape by the sweep of an arm, without using a mold. Only the most talented glass artisans can sculpt glass using this technique, and each decanter is one of a kind.
- Lead-crystal decanter is free blown by hand at a Riedel's family-owned glassworks in Austria, founded over 250 years ago.
- A thin line of black crystal accentuates the looped silhouette.
- Generous curves enhance the aeration of wine during decanting and pouring.
- Aerates red and white wines and removes sediments from older wines.
- Dimensions & More Info
- 69-oz. cap., 16 1/2" high.
- Made in Austria.
- Use & Care
- Wash under warm water; detergent is not necessary.
- Allow to air dry.
- For extra shine, steam over boiling water.
- If desired, carefully polish with a lint-free cloth.