Good for the earth and good for you, these heirloom Red Chief lentils are sustainably grown on small farms in Idaho’s Snake River Canyon. The region’s ideal growing conditions produce lentils with an authentic mild flavor and creamy texture – just right for soups, salads and side dishes.
- Developed by plant scientists to cook quickly, these Red Chief lentils have had their seed coats removed, yet they hold their shape beautifully during cooking.
- Mild, versatile and exceptionally nutritious, they are perfect for soups, salads and side dishes.
- Prepare with traditional Indian spices for a satisfying vegetarian meal.
- These botanical heirlooms are a part of living history, supporting centuries-old plant varieties and preserving the genetic diversity of our food supply.
- Produced by Zürsun, a second-generation family-owned company and one of America’s oldest suppliers of heirloom beans.
- Recipe included.
- 1 lb. 8 oz.
- Product of USA.