Rectangular Banneton Bread Basket
Generations of European bakers have used baskets like this one—called a banneton in French, and a brotform in German—to proof bread dough for rectangular loaves. The dough rises evenly into a uniform shape, while the rattan cane draws out moisture, promoting a crispy crust. Spiral indentations left by the coils bake into the bread, so loves come out with a classic artisanal finish.
- For proofing up to a 3-lb. loaf.
- Simply flour the banneton and add kneaded dough for the final rise.
- Great with handmade and machine-made dough.
- Doubles as a serving basket.
- Dimensions & More Info
- 12 3/4" x 6 1/2" x 3 1/2" high.
- Made in China.
- Use & Care
Next Day Delivery
Orders recieved by 9:00 p.m., Eastern time, Monday through Thursday will arrive the next business day; orders placed Friday thorugh Sunday will arrive on the following Tuesday.