Raised Bed Vegetable Garden Seed Collection
- Online Only
Grow a bountiful vegetable garden—even if space is limited. This collection includes 10 varieties of vegetable seeds that thrive in raised garden beds or other small urban settings. The rich, loose soil in these beds allows for robust vegetable rooting that can't always be achieved in open ground. Plants can be grown closer together and often suffer less pest damage because of their proximity to each other and distance from the ground.
- Includes 10 individual packets of seeds (see More Info tab for specifics on each variety).
- Organic seeds are pesticide- and herbicide-free and never genetically modified.
- Open-pollinated varieties allow you to save the seeds from each year’s harvest to plant the next year.
- Plant in spring through summer.
- Requires 6 hours or more of sunlight per day.
- Ideal for raised beds or planters. Min. container depth 10".
- Grown in USA.
Collection includes one seed packet each of:
- Blue Lake Pole Bean (28 gm, approx. 100 seeds)
- Romaine Lettuce (.5gm, approx. 275 seeds)
- Red Leaf Lettuce (.5gm, approx. 275 seeds)
- Ruby Red Swiss Chard (.5gm, approx. 75 seeds)
- Champion Radish (1gm, approx. 175 seeds)
- Lemon Cucumber (2gm, approx. 75 seeds)
- Rainbow Blend Carrots (.5gm, approx. 350 seeds)
- Onion Chives (1gm, approx. 500 seeds)
- Bloomsdale Spinach (1gm, approx. 75 seeds)
- Evergreen Bunching Onions (.5gm, approx. 225 seeds)
- Dimensions & More Info
- Blue Lake Pole Bean: This plant grows over 8' tall and produces stringless, bright green pods 5"-6" long that are prized for their flavor. Pick the beans early and often. Enjoy them raw, steamed, sautéed or pureed.
- Romaine Lettuce: This romaine has long, crunchy, spoon-shaped leaves that grow to about 12" long. Packed with vital nutrients, romaine lettuce is often used for Caesar salads for its crunch and color.
- Red Leaf Lettuce: A superb upright baby leaf variety that forms a loose head at maturity. Use for salads, juicing, garnishes.
- Ruby Red Swiss Chard: This heirloom chard produces good yields of dark green shiny leaves with brilliant ruby-red stalks and veins. Excellent for salads and steamed with other greens and as a micro-green. Plant yields all summer long into fall.
- Champion Radish: Plant produces extra-large, crunchy and very tasty cherry-red radishes about the size of a silver dollar. The bright red skin surrounds a crisp, snow-white flesh that has just the right amount of radish taste. Easy to grow, this plant germinates in just a few days and is ready to eat in less than a month. Great in salads or eaten raw.
- Lemon Cucumber: This versatile cucumber is sweet and flavorful with a crunchy texture and non-bitter skin. Produces lots of 2"-3" fruit from mid-summer to fall. Very easy to grow, it does well with short summer climates. Also easy to grow in pots using a tomato cage. Use raw or for pickling.
- Rainbow Blend Carrots: A colorful blend of carrots, this mix includes red, orange, purple, white and yellow varieties. Fine addition to salads and stir-fries.
- Onion Chives: Member of the allium family with wispy tubular stems and beautiful purple flowers. Both the stems and flowers are edible, though the greens are more commonly used. Perfect for baked potatoes, soups, fish, salads. Can be dried for storage.
- Bloomsdale Spinach: A much-loved heirloom favorite and one of the more outstanding open-pollinated varieties available. Leaves are savoyed, long and narrow with a glossy, dark green color. Great mixed into salads or to give crunch to a sandwich; also for sautéing, steaming, stir-frying, juicing.
- Evergreen Bunching Onions: Winter-hardy Welsh onion very similar to large, coarse chives. They have hollow evergreen leaves and almost no bulb at the base, forming large perennial clumps. Can be sown all season long. Clumps can be divided in second year to produce a new crop. Use these onions to flavor any dish.
This item is shipped from our warehouse by UPS to arrive within five business days of our receiving your order.
The shipping rate varies depending on your order total and shipping destination. View Shipping Options and Charges.
Next Day Delivery
For an additional charge of $17.50 per address, we can expedite delivery to most destinations. This service is not available for some oversize items, items shipped directly from the supplier (including perishable and custom-manufactured items), out-of-stock items and items to be shipped outside the contiguous 48 states.
Orders recieved by 9:00 p.m., Eastern time, Monday through Thursday will arrive the next business day; orders placed Friday thorugh Sunday will arrive on the following Tuesday.
At Williams-Sonoma, we take great pride in the quality and craftsmanship of our products. Attention to design, materials, safety and construction are our priority. Upon receipt, please inspect your purchase and notify us of any damage; we will arrange for a prompt replacement.
If within 30 days, you are dissatisfied for any reason, you may return your purchase for a refund of the merchandise value. An original receipt or gift receipt is required for all returns and exchanges. Returns with a gift receipt will be refunded in the form of a Merchandise Credit for the amount indicated on the gift receipt. Returns with original receipt will be refunded in the original form of payment, cash and check refunds over $100 will be issued as a company check (may take 14 business days from time of request).
We cannot accept returns on monogrammed, personalized, special-order items, custom upholstery, food, items shipped direct from the vendor, or on items damaged through normal wear and tear. Final sale items ending in .97 or .99 cannot be returned.
For returns of items purchased from your Williams-Sonoma Gift Registry, we will gladly provide a refund or exchange for the merchandise within 90 days of your event or within 90 days of purchase, whichever date is later. View Full Return Policy.