Proteak End-Grain Round Cutting Board
Used for centuries on sailing ships, teak has a legendary moisture resistance and hardiness that make it ideal for cutting boards. This classic board withstands rigorous slicing, dicing and chopping.
- Made of FSC-certified teak from an environmentally responsible plantation.
- End-grain construction is extremely durable yet gentle on knife blades.
- Doubles as a presentation piece for sliced meats or cheeses.
- Dimensions & More Info
- 18” diam.
- 2” thick.
- 10 lb.
- Made in Mexico.
- Use & Care
- Board should be seasoned with a food-grade mineral oil before first use.
- To season the board properly, warm the mineral oil slightly and apply it in the direction of the wood grain using a clean, dry cloth. Allow the oil to soak in and repeat with another application. Allow the board to dry and wipe off any excess oil.
- Hand-wash with hot, soapy water. Dry thoroughly.
- Do not soak or submerge board in water.
- Occasionally rub with a food-safe mineral oil to keep wood from drying out.
- To sanitize, wash the board with a solution of one part vinegar to five parts water.
- Remove odors by rubbing the board with kosher or table salt and half a lemon. Let sit for 2 to 3 minutes then wipe clean with a damp cloth. Remove excess moisture with a clean paper towel and stand the board on end to air dry.
- Store in a dry area away from extreme temperatures.