Proteak Rectangle Cutting Board
Known for its outstanding moisture resistance and strength, teak makes a superb material for cutting boards. This handmade board is attractive enough to double as a serving platform for cheeses and meats.
- Made of FSC-certified teak from environmentally managed plantations.
- Designed with a handy cut-out for transferring ingredients to a bowl.
- Beautiful wood grain makes this a handsome presentation piece as well as a work surface.
- Hand grip at both ends for stability.
- End-grain construction is gentle on knife blades.
- Dimensions & More Info
- 20" x 14" x 2 1/2" thick.
- Made in Mexico.
- Use & Care
- Board should be seasoned with a food-grade mineral oil before first use.
- To season the board properly, warm the mineral oil slightly and apply it in the direction of the wood grain using a clean, dry cloth. Allow the oil to soak in and repeat with another application. Allow the board to dry and wipe off any excess oil.
- Hand-wash with hot, soapy water. Dry thoroughly.
- Do not soak or submerge board in water.
- Occasionally rub with a food-safe mineral oil to keep wood from drying out.
- To sanitize, wash the board with a solution of one part vinegar to five parts water.
- Remove odors by rubbing the board with kosher or table salt and half a lemon. Let sit for 2 to 3 minutes then wipe clean with a damp cloth. Remove excess moisture with a clean paper towel and stand the board on end to air dry.
- Store in a dry area away from extreme temperatures.
Next Day Delivery
Orders reciived by 9:00 p.m., Eastern time, Monday through Thursday will arrive the next business day; orders placed Friday thorugh Sunday will arrive on the following Tuesday.