Platine Bakery Chocolate Fudge Cake
- Online Only
The epitome of rich, fudgy decadence, this towering cake is a chocolate lover's dream come true. The fun starts with two luscious layers of deep, dark chocolate cake, enriched with Extra-Brut cocoa and a hint of coffee. The same top-quality cocoa gives the fluffy cream cheese frosting an intense, fudge-like flavor and the smooth, velvety character of the best chocolate ganache. Handcrafted by Chef Jamie Cantor and her team at L.A.'s Platine Bakery, this cake is great with a steaming cup of espresso or a tall, cold glass of milk.
- Cake is 8" diam., 4" high (serves 15–20).
- Shipped frozen.
- Made in USA.
- A Williams-Sonoma exclusive.
- Use & Care
- The cake ships frozen with dry ice, which may have evaporated during shipment. This is normal. Please take care not to touch any remaining dry ice with bare hands.
- To enjoy the cake at a later date, place the unopened cake in the freezer for up to 1month. To serve the cake within 24 hours, thaw for 6 to 8 hours at ambient temperature, or 12 to 24 hours in the refrigerator. For best results, remove all packaging and place on a serving platter while the cake is still frozen. To remove the cake from the box, cut down the sides of the box vertically so that the front panel lies flat, and you can slide the cake out of the box easily. Carefully remove the protective plastic wrap.
- The cake is best enjoyed at room temperature. Once thawed, allow the cake to come to room temperature, approximately 4 hours before serving.
- To slice, run a large knife under hot water and dry with a towel before every slice. Store leftover cake in an airtight container, where it will keep up to 5 days refrigerated. Once completely thawed, we do not recommend refreezing the cake.
- Cake: Sugar, enriched wheat flour (niacin, reduced iron, thiamine mononitrate, riboflavin, folic acid), canola oil, eggs, Extra Brut cocoa powder, vanilla (sugar, water, vanilla extract, vanilla bean, gum tragacanth (a natural thickener), baking soda, salt, organic coffee extract.
- Frosting: Powdered sugar, cream cheese, Extra Brut cocoa powder, butter, vanilla (sugar, water, vanilla extract, vanilla bean, gum tragacanth (a natural thickener) .
To ensure freshness, perishable items are shipped via 2-day delivery from the supplier and are not eligible for rush shipping. Please allow one to two weeks for delivery.
The shipping rate varies depending on your order total and shipping destination.
At Williams-Sonoma, we take great pride in the quality and craftsmanship of our products. Attention to design, materials, safety and construction are our priority. Upon receipt, please inspect your purchase and notify us of any damage; we will arrange for a prompt replacement.
If within 30 days, you are dissatisfied for any reason, you may return your purchase for a refund of the merchandise value. An original receipt or gift receipt is required for all returns and exchanges. Returns with a gift receipt will be refunded in the form of a Merchandise Credit for the amount indicated on the gift receipt. Returns with original receipt will be refunded in the original form of payment, cash and check refunds over $100 will be issued as a company check (may take 14 business days from time of request).
We cannot accept returns on monogrammed, personalized, special-order items, custom upholstery, items shipped direct from the vendor, or on items damaged through normal wear and tear. Final sale items ending in .97 or .99 cannot be returned. View Full Return Policy.