Platine Bakery Almond Lemon Cake
- Online Only
The harmonious flavors of citrus, almonds and vanilla shine in this luscious layer cake, handcrafted at L.A.'s legendary Platine Bakery. It begins with two layers of traditional almond pound cake, enriched with finely ground almonds and aromatic vanilla beans. In between the layers, a homemade lemon mousse filling adds bright, tangy flavors and a light, airy texture. For a decadent finish, the entire cake is covered in fluffy vanilla cream cheese frosting.
- Cake is 8" diam.; 4" high (serves 15–20).
- Made in USA.
- Shipped frozen.
- A Williams-Sonoma exclusive.
- Use & Care
- The cake ships frozen with dry ice, which may have evaporated during shipment. This is normal. Please take care not to touch any remaining dry ice with bare hands.
- To enjoy the cake at a later date, place the unopened cake in the freezer for up to 1 month. To serve the cake within 24 hours, thaw for 6 to 8 hours at ambient temperature, or 12 to 24 hours in the refrigerator. For best results, remove all packaging and place on a serving platter while the cake is still frozen. To remove the cake from the box, cut down the sides of the box vertically so that the front panel lies flat, and you can slide the cake out of the box easily. Carefully remove the protective plastic wrap.
- The cake is best enjoyed at room temperature. Once thawed, allow the cake to come to room temperature, approximately 4 hours before serving.
- To slice, run a large knife under hot water and dry with a towel before every slice. Store leftover cake in an airtight container, where it will keep up to 5 days refrigerated. Once completely thawed, we do not recommend refreezing the cake.
- Cake: Sugar, Cake Flour, Butter, Sour Cream, Almond Meal, Eggs, Almond Extract, Salt, Baking Powder, Baking Soda, Vanilla (sugar, water, vanilla extract, vanilla bean, gum tragacanth (a natural thickener).
- Filling: Cream, Eggs, Sugar, Milk, Lemon Juice, Enriched Wheat Flour (niacin, reduced iron, thiamine mononitrate, riboflavin, folic acid), Pure Lemon Oil, Salt.
- Frosting: Powdered Sugar, Cream Cheese, Butter, Vanilla (sugar, water, vanilla extract, vanilla bean, gum tragacanth (a natural thickener).
To ensure freshness, perishable items are shipped via 2-day delivery from the supplier and are not eligible for rush shipping. Please allow one to two weeks for delivery.
The shipping rate varies depending on your order total and shipping destination.
We cannot accept returns on monogrammed, personalized, special-order items, custom upholstery, items shipped direct from the vendor, or on items damaged through normal wear and tear. Final sale items ending in .97 or .99 cannot be returned. View Full Return Policy.