Pizza Stone with Frame
Cooking up brick oven–style pizzas at home is easier than ever with this pizza stone, which sits inside a stainless-steel carrier for safe, quick transfer to the oven or outdoor grill. The stone is made of even-heating cordierite ceramic, an ideal choice for pizza and bread baking that produces a beautifully browned, crispy crust.
- Made of cordierite, a high-fired ceramic that offers excellent thermal shock resistance.
- Eliminates hot spots while cooking and produces a uniformly browned crust.
- Draws out moisture from dough for a crisp crust.
- Includes a stainless-steel frame with handles for easy transfer.
- Frame is dishwasher safe.
- 15" sq. surface area for pizza.
- Also useful for baking breads.
- Convenient for heating and reheating frozen pizzas and baked goods.
- 19 1/4" x 15 3/4" x 2 3/4" high.
- 9 lb. 3 oz.
- Made in China.
- Use & Care
- For best results, pre-heat oven or grill to 500˚F (260˚C) and place stones in the middle of the lowest rack of the oven or at the center of the grill for 30 minutes.
- Preheat stones, then with dust with cornmeal before placing the food on top.
- If baking a prepared food item, follow the manufacturer’s instructions on packaging.
- If baking freshly made dough, a flat metal spatula or a pizza peel dusted with cornmeal works well for transferring food to the baking stone.
- Do not place pastry or cookies directly on the stone; the butter or fat content will cause the stone to smoke.
- Stones will get hot — use oven mitt or glove when handling.
- Scrape off any excess food with a spatula.
- When the stones have cooled, run them under hot water while scrubbing with a brush.
- Do not use soap on the stones as it may leave a soapy aftertaste.
- The natural properties of the baking stones will cause them to darken and spot with age — do not attempt to remove this discoloration.
- Air-dry the stones and store inside the oven.
Next Day Delivery