Pizza Baking Steel
Bake pizzas and flatbreads to tender-crispy perfection with our lightweight pizza steel. Designed to re-create the effect of a Neapolitan-style oven, the thin steel heats quickly and evenly—about 50% faster than a ceramic pizza stone—and fully cooks a pizza in just eight minutes. The steel doesn't absorb moisture, so crusts turn out moist inside with light bubbling and a delicious char. It's also easy to lift when loaded with dough and toppings.
- Thinner, lighter and more efficient than most pizza steels.
- Pre-seasoned steel produces consistent, delicious results from the first use.
- Does not absorb moisture from dough, so crusts bake up tender inside with a crispy finish.
- Dimensions & More Info
- 15" diam.
- Made in China.
- Use & Care
- This baking steel is very durable and not subject to thermal shock.
- Steel will get hot. Use oven mitt or glove when handling.
- For best results, preheat oven and steel to 500°F for 45 minutes. When you are ready to bake your pizza, center the pizza on the steel and cook according to your recipe. When steel and oven are 500°F, pizza will be cooked in 8 minutes.
- For fresh pizza, a flat metal spatula or a pizza peel dusted with cornmeal works well for transferring food to and from the baking steel. Alternatively, use an oven mitt or glove to remove the hot steel from the oven.
- To clean, scrape off any excess food with a spatula.
- When the steel has cooled, run it under hot water while scrubbing it with a brush. Dry immediately.
- Using soap on the steel will remove the seasoning.
- Occasionally rub oil on the steel to maintain the seasoning.
This item is shipped from our warehouse by UPS to arrive within five business days of our receiving your order.
The shipping rate varies depending on your order total and shipping destination. View Shipping Options and Charges.
Next Day Delivery
For an additional charge of $17.50 per address, we can expedite delivery to most destinations. This service is not available for some oversize items, items shipped directly from the supplier (including perishable and custom-manufactured items), out-of-stock items and items to be shipped outside the contiguous 48 states.
Orders recieved by 9:00 p.m., Eastern time, Monday through Thursday will arrive the next business day; orders placed Friday thorugh Sunday will arrive on the following Tuesday.
To help with holiday gift giving, we are extending our return policy between 10/30/2014 and 12/24/2014. If you or a recipient are not satisfied with a gift purchased during this time, present a gift or original receipt by 1/31/2015.
At Williams-Sonoma, we take great pride in the quality and craftsmanship of our products. Attention to design, materials, safety and construction are our priority. Upon receipt, please inspect your purchase and notify us of any damage; we will arrange for a prompt replacement.
If within 30 days, you are dissatisfied for any reason, you may return your purchase for a refund of the merchandise value. An original receipt or gift receipt is required for all returns and exchanges. Returns with a gift receipt will be refunded in the form of a Merchandise Credit for the amount indicated on the gift receipt. Returns with original receipt will be refunded in the original form of payment, cash and check refunds over $100 will be issued as a company check (may take 14 business days from time of request).
We cannot accept returns on monogrammed, personalized, special-order items, custom upholstery, items shipped direct from the vendor, or on items damaged through normal wear and tear. Final sale items ending in .97 or .99 cannot be returned.
For returns of items purchased from your Williams-Sonoma Gift Registry, we will gladly provide a refund or exchange for the merchandise within 90 days of your event or within 90 days of purchase, whichever date is later. View Full Return Policy.