Pizza Baking Steel
Bake pizzas and flatbreads to tender-crispy perfection with our lightweight pizza steel. Designed to re-create the effect of a Neapolitan-style oven, the thin steel heats quickly and evenly—about 50% faster than a ceramic pizza stone—and fully cooks a pizza in just eight minutes. The steel doesn't absorb moisture, so crusts turn out moist inside with light bubbling and a delicious char. It's also easy to lift when loaded with dough and toppings.
- Thinner, lighter and more efficient than most pizza steels.
- Pre-seasoned steel produces consistent, delicious results from the first use.
- Does not absorb moisture from dough, so crusts bake up tender inside with a crispy finish.
- Dimensions & More Info
- 15" diam.
- Made in China.
- Use & Care
- This baking steel is very durable and not subject to thermal shock.
- Steel will get hot. Use oven mitt or glove when handling.
- For best results, preheat oven and steel to 500°F for 45 minutes. When you are ready to bake your pizza, center the pizza on the steel and cook according to your recipe. When steel and oven are 500°F, pizza will be cooked in 8 minutes.
- For fresh pizza, a flat metal spatula or a pizza peel dusted with cornmeal works well for transferring food to and from the baking steel. Alternatively, use an oven mitt or glove to remove the hot steel from the oven.
- To clean, scrape off any excess food with a spatula.
- When the steel has cooled, run it under hot water while scrubbing it with a brush. Dry immediately.
- Using soap on the steel will remove the seasoning.
- Occasionally rub oil on the steel to maintain the seasoning.
Next Day Delivery
Orders recieved by 9:00 p.m., Eastern time, Monday through Thursday will arrive the next business day; orders placed Friday thorugh Sunday will arrive on the following Tuesday.