J.K. Adams Pig Cutting Board
Inspired by a vintage American cutting board, this pig-shaped maple board comes in handy for prep work, serving appetizers or as a playful kitchen accent. It’s made in the USA of North American maple, lightly distressed and stained for an antiqued look.
- Crafted from sustainably harvested North American maple, durable enough to withstand daily use yet gentle on knife edges.
- Has a convenient hole for hanging.
- Doubles as a presentation piece.
- Made by the venerable J.K. Adams Co. of Vermont, specialists in finely made wooden kitchen wares.
- Dimensions & More Info
- 14” x 9”.
- 5/8” thick.
- 1 lb. 14 oz.
- Made in USA.
- Use & Care
- Board should be seasoned with a food-grade mineral oil before first use.
- To season the board properly, warm the mineral oil slightly and apply it in the direction of the wood grain using a clean, dry cloth. Allow the oil to soak in and repeat with another application. Allow the board to dry and wipe off any excess oil.
- Hand-wash with hot, soapy water. Dry thoroughly.
- Do not soak or submerge board in water.
- Occasionally rub with a food-safe mineral oil to keep wood from drying out.
- To sanitize, wash the board with a solution of one part vinegar to five parts water.
- Remove odors by rubbing the board with kosher or table salt and half a lemon. Let sit for 2 to 3 minutes then wipe clean with a damp cloth. Remove excess moisture with a clean paper towel and stand the board on end to air dry.
- Store in a dry area away from extreme temperatures.
This item is shipped from our warehouse by UPS to arrive within five business days of our receiving your order.
Next Day Delivery
Orders reciived by 9:00 p.m., Eastern time, Monday through Thursday will arrive the next business day; orders placed Friday thorugh Sunday will arrive on the following Tuesday.
Rated 1 out of 5 by teacher1452 from happened to mine too I have the rooster cutting board and it too split in half after one year of use. I used it daily and closely followed the use and care instructions. Really miss it, as I used it daily.Date published: 2015-01-26Rated 5 out of 5 by Syphi from Pig cutting board This item was purchased for a kitchen decoration rather than to be used as a cutting board. It is for a gift for a person who collects pigs.Date published: 2013-12-02Rated 5 out of 5 by VHall from Cute pig cutting board Its exactly what I thought it would be. Luv it! Totally made me smile.... I am not planning on using it though. Just one of those perfect things in a farm house...Date published: 2013-11-28Rated 1 out of 5 by blessedrn from Pig board no longer so cute I really liked my pig board but it split in less than a year and I never soaked it for any length of time :( After it split then it curved.Date published: 2013-06-12Rated 5 out of 5 by TiniBeenie from Love the pig! This cutting board was given to me as a gift off our registry. It is too cute to use so it is on display in our kitchen and looks great. It's very well made of gorgeous wood.Date published: 2013-02-15Rated 5 out of 5 by AmySF from super cute This cutting board is the cutest. Not functional for a real cutting board, but great for a decoration or cheese platter. I added the initials "PIG" to the bottom, and it's adorbs!Date published: 2012-11-29