J.K. Adams Pig Cutting Board
Inspired by a vintage American cutting board, this pig-shaped maple board comes in handy for prep work, serving appetizers or as a playful kitchen accent. It’s made in the USA of North American maple, lightly distressed and stained for an antiqued look.
- Crafted from sustainably harvested North American maple, durable enough to withstand daily use yet gentle on knife edges.
- Has a convenient hole for hanging.
- Doubles as a presentation piece.
- Made by the venerable J.K. Adams Co. of Vermont, specialists in finely made wooden kitchen wares.
- Dimensions & More Info
- 14” x 9”.
- 5/8” thick.
- 1 lb. 14 oz.
- Made in USA.
- Use & Care
- Board should be seasoned with a food-grade mineral oil before first use.
- To season the board properly, warm the mineral oil slightly and apply it in the direction of the wood grain using a clean, dry cloth. Allow the oil to soak in and repeat with another application. Allow the board to dry and wipe off any excess oil.
- Hand-wash with hot, soapy water. Dry thoroughly.
- Do not soak or submerge board in water.
- Occasionally rub with a food-safe mineral oil to keep wood from drying out.
- To sanitize, wash the board with a solution of one part vinegar to five parts water.
- Remove odors by rubbing the board with kosher or table salt and half a lemon. Let sit for 2 to 3 minutes then wipe clean with a damp cloth. Remove excess moisture with a clean paper towel and stand the board on end to air dry.
- Store in a dry area away from extreme temperatures.
This item will arrive in 3 to 5 business days if no personalization has been applied and 4 to 6 business days if personalized. A more precise estimate will be shown on the Payment & Review page of Checkout.
This item is shipped from our warehouse by UPS to arrive within five business days of our receiving your order.
Next Day Delivery
Orders reciived by 9:00 p.m., Eastern time, Monday through Thursday will arrive the next business day; orders placed Friday thorugh Sunday will arrive on the following Tuesday.
Rated 1 out of 5 by teacher1452 from happened to mine too I have the rooster cutting board and it too split in half after one year of use. I used it daily and closely followed the use and care instructions. Really miss it, as I used it daily.Date published: 2015-01-26Rated 5 out of 5 by Syphi from Pig cutting board This item was purchased for a kitchen decoration rather than to be used as a cutting board. It is for a gift for a person who collects pigs.Date published: 2013-12-02Rated 5 out of 5 by VHall from Cute pig cutting board Its exactly what I thought it would be. Luv it! Totally made me smile.... I am not planning on using it though. Just one of those perfect things in a farm house...Date published: 2013-11-28Rated 1 out of 5 by blessedrn from Pig board no longer so cute I really liked my pig board but it split in less than a year and I never soaked it for any length of time :( After it split then it curved.Date published: 2013-06-12Rated 5 out of 5 by TiniBeenie from Love the pig! This cutting board was given to me as a gift off our registry. It is too cute to use so it is on display in our kitchen and looks great. It's very well made of gorgeous wood.Date published: 2013-02-15Rated 5 out of 5 by AmySF from super cute This cutting board is the cutest. Not functional for a real cutting board, but great for a decoration or cheese platter. I added the initials "PIG" to the bottom, and it's adorbs!Date published: 2012-11-29