Recipes for pies and tarts often call for blind-baking the unfilled crust—a technique made much simpler with this clever tool. Just fit rolled pastry dough into a pie pan, then place the pie weight on top.
By preventing the crust from rising or shrinking while baking, the weight ensures an attractive pastry shell that will hold its shape when filled.
- The only pie weight you’ll ever need: essential for blind-baking or par-baking pastry crusts.
- Fits any 9"–11" pie pan—including our Emile Henry Ruffled Pie Dish.
- Scalloped flaps are specially designed to hold the sides of the crust in place.
- Perforated-steel design allows even airflow for a perfectly flaky crust.
- Silicone handle makes it easy to remove the weight after baking—and detaches for quick cleaning.
- A Williams-Sonoma exclusive.