Perfect Endings Vintage™ Coconut Cake
- Online Only
- Vendor Shipped
Coconut cake is a classic of the American South, and this one is the real deal. Layers of extraordinarily tender coconut cake are filled and frosted with a rich coconut buttercream icing and topped with a blizzard of fresh flaked coconut. Napa Valley's celebrated Sam Godfrey makes it from scratch using a recipe handed down from his grandmother, and every bite is a dream.
- 6" diam., 3 1/2" high (serves 8–10).
- Shipped frozen.
- Made in USA.
- Use & Care
- The cake was shipped frozen with dry ice, which may have evaporated during shipment. This is normal. Please take care not to touch any remaining dry ice with bare hands. Upon receipt, remove the cake from the carton, but leave the bubble and plastic wrapping around the cake. If you are serving the cake within 3 days of receipt, place it in the refrigerator. If serving at a later date, place your cake in the freezer.
- If frozen, thaw the cake overnight in the refrigerator. Approximately 1 to 2 hours prior to serving, remove the thawed cake from the refrigerator. Carefully remove the wrapping around the cake (this is best done while the icing is still chilled, so the wrapping will not peel off any of the icing).
- For optimal taste, the cake should be left at room temperature no less than 1 hour but no longer than 2 hours prior to serving so that the icing and cake interior will have time to come to room temperature.
- To serve, run a large knife under hot water and dry with a towel before every slice. Return any unused portions to the refrigerator. It is best to allow the cake to chill prior to wrapping it with clean plastic wrap, so that the wrap does not stick to the icing.
To ensure freshness, perishable items are shipped overnight from the supplier and are not eligible for rush shipping. Please allow up to one week for delivery.
The shipping rate varies depending on your order total and shipping destination. View Shipping Options and Charges.