In Italy, Christmas and New Year’s would be incomplete without a panettone on the table. One Italian legend traces the bread’s origins to a poor baker named Tonio, who developed a special bread to earn the dowry for his daughter to marry a nobleman. The delicious creation – known as pan de Tonio – was a hit and allowed Tonio to ensure his daughter’s fortuitous match. Few can rival our Italian version from Pasticceria Scarpato, panettone bakers since 1888. Enriched with golden raisins and a generous allotment of glazed chestnuts, the bread is high and light thanks to several risings.
- Serve panettone with coffee, tea or sweet dessert wine such as Vin Santo.
- Its flavor and texture also make it ideal for French toast or bread pudding.
- Made in Italy by the venerable Pasticceria Scarpato in Legnago, in the province of Verona, using an exceptional recipe they developed in 1888.
- 2 lb. 3 oz. (serves 12).
- Hand wrapped and packaged in a festive, reusable gift tin.
- A Williams-Sonoma exclusive.
This item is shipped from our warehouse by UPS to arrive within five business days of our receiving your order.
For an additional charge of $15 per address, we can rush delivery to most destinations. This service is not available for some oversize items, items shipped directly from the supplier (including perishable and custom-manufactured items), out-of-stock items and items to be shipped outside the contiguous 48 states.
- Pieces of candied chestnuts 22% (chestnut pieces 41%, sugar, glucose syrup, humectant: sorbitol, salt, preservative: potassium sorbate, sulphur dioxide), wheat meal, eggs, butter, natural yeast, sugar, raisins sultana 4%, emulsifier: mono and diglycerides of fatty acids, glucose syrup, egg yolk, salt, skimmed milk powder, artificial flavor, natural vanilla flavor, preservative: sorbic acid.