Backyard beekeeping brings health and vitality to your garden and natural raw honey to your kitchen. Getting started is easy with this essential set from one of the world’s leading beekeeping suppliers. Housed under an anodized-aluminum roof and painted white, the hive consists of three wood boxes each holding eight frames—a smaller, lighter design than traditional hives and an ideal choice for beginning backyard beekeepers looking for honey production. Our set comes along with basic protective clothing and tools you’ll need for establishing your hive.
- Custom-designed beehive with 19 3/4" x 14" 6 5/8" wood hive boxes, each filled with 8 high-quality assembled wooden frames complete with beeswax-coated Rite-Cell® foundation. Roof is anodized aluminum. Wood construction is hand stained for weather protection.
- Adjustable vented helmet with pocket veil: Cool and lightweight polyester/nylon with a built-in sweatband. Veil has a drawstring bottom and tightly woven netting that works well against gnats and mosquitoes, too.
- Large gloves: Soft cowhide leather with sturdy canvas sleeves.
- 9" stainless-steel hive tool: A must for beekeeping, this mini crowbar is used for lifting, prying and scraping.
- 14" wooden bee brush: Long, soft bristles to gently brush bees away from frames and clothing.
- 4" x 7" stainless-steel smoker: equipped with a guard and easy-pump bellow.
- Entrance feeder: Allows you to use your own mason jar or #5 round jar for feeding syrup or supplementing water.
- Includes an entrance reducer, used to adjust size of hive opening from large to small as weather gets cooler in fall and into winter.
- Bees not included.
- Hive is made in USA.
- A Williams-Sonoma exclusive.
- Beehive (3 boxes with 8 frames each, and a stand).
- Helmet with veil.
- Large gloves.
- Hive tool.
- Bee brush.
- Entrance feeder.