OXO Uplift Tea Kettle
Using this handsome kettle is a pleasure. A loud melodic whistle lets you know when water has reached a roiling boil, and the spout opens automatically when you tilt the kettle, so you can pour while keeping your hands safely away from the steam.
- Made of stainless steel with a brushed-stainless-steel finish.
- OXO's signature padded handle stays cool and ensures a good grip.
- Wide mouth makes the kettle easy to fill and pour.
- Spout opens automatically when you tilt the kettle.
- Dimensions & More Info
- 7 3/4" diam., 9 1/2" high.
- 2-qt. cap.
- 3 lb. 10 oz. with lid.
- Made in China.
- Use & Care
- Enameled kettle is ideal for use on any type of cooktop, including induction; brushed-stainless-steel kettle is ideal for gas and electric cooktops.
- Do not fill the kettle above the inner spout opening.
- Do not heat empty or allow pot to boil dry.
- To prevent mineral build-up empty contents after each use.
- Avoid using steel wool, steel scouring pads or harsh detergents.
- To remove mineral deposits or rust stains from inside the kettle, combine two tablespoons of baking soda and lemon juice with water, boil for 30 minutes and rinse thoroughly.
UPS can deliver most in-stock items within 4-5 business days.
Next Day Delivery
Rated 4 out of 5 by Willykins from Handy Tea Kettle - but not for induction! I have a newer induction range, and this tea kettle did not register as magnetic when placing it on any of the elements. Despite the reviews saying it works on induction, it had to go back because of this. The base doesn't have enough magnetic material (it's thin, which I'm imagining is why it didn't register). It did get hot from turning on the range - it runs for 2-3 seconds before turning off and saying there isn't a pan there.Date published: 2016-11-13Rated 5 out of 5 by LOSUS from The Best Kettle! This is the second Oxo kettle I have purchased and the last one I had for over 15 years. It pours like a dream, the whistle is mellifluent and I love the lift and pour mechanism!Date published: 2015-04-29Rated 5 out of 5 by PowerKate from Great kettle for hand issues If you follow the directions for avoiding high heat settings, you won't have trouble. I heat mine on medium-high ("8") -- no higher ever. I bought this kettle years ago when I was facing hand surgery, as I couldn't manage to switch to left-handed pouring. Lifts and pours easily without using thumb or wrist-action. Whistle is plenty loud enough. Clean with warm soapy water only, and move kettle away when frying.Date published: 2013-12-21Rated 3 out of 5 by MSCC from Great Basic Kettle! I got this a a gift when my old kettle rusted out, and I love it. Basic looking to blend with the rest of my kitchen. And it heats the water fantastically.Date published: 2013-05-02Rated 2 out of 5 by LisainAZ from Plastic Cap Melts This is a great tea kettle except for one flaw. If you have your gas burner on too high and heat rises up the sides, the plastic cap on on the spout will melt.Date published: 2012-11-30Rated 2 out of 5 by doglover45 from Try another kettle I used this kettle on my gas stove. The stainless steel exterior began to show spots that look like rust almost immediately and the handle melted within the 1st week. Not a very sturdy kettle in my opinion.Date published: 2012-01-02